About Nobody’s Perfect
What is Nobody’s Perfect?
Nobody’s Perfect is a facilitated parenting program for parents of children from birth to age five. The program is designed to meet the needs of parents who are young, single, socially or geographically isolated, or who have low income or limited formal education offered in communities by facilitators to help support parents and young children.
- Nobody’s Perfect gives parents a safe place to meet others with children of the same age and with whom they share interests and concerns
- Sessions are based on what parents want to learn about, not step by step from a book
- Sessions are free, interactive and fun
Trained facilitators offer Nobody’s Perfect using a participant-centered, strengths-based approach, in line with the concepts of adult learning. Within a group setting, parents participate in facilitated sessions that:
- Promote positive parenting
- Increase parents’ understanding of children’s health, safety and behaviour
- Help parents build on the skills they have and learn new ones
- Improve parents’ self esteem and coping skills
- Increase self-help and mutual support
- Bring them in contact with community services and resources
- Help prevent family violence