Support for Moms & Dads, for Children Birth to Five
What is Nobody’s Perfect?
Nobody’s Perfect is a facilitated parenting program for parents of children from birth to age five. The program is designed to meet the needs of parents who are young, single, socially or geographically isolated, or who have low income or limited formal education offered in communities by facilitators to help support parents and young children.
It Works! It works because it allows parents to work with one another and come up with their own solutions.Nobody’s Perfect Trainer
Trained facilitators offer Nobody’s Perfect using a participant-centered, strengths-based approach, in line with the concepts of adult learning. Within a group setting, parents participate in facilitated sessions that:
- Promote positive parenting
- Increase parents’ understanding of children’s health, safety and behaviour
- Help parents build on the skills they have and learn new ones
- Improve parents’ self esteem and coping skills
- Increase self-help and mutual support
- Bring them in contact with community services and resources
- Help prevent family violence
We are grateful to the Public Health Agency of Canada for the ongoing support of the Nobody’s Perfect program. The Public Health Agency of Canada is not responsible for the content of any external resource or websites.
“Nobody’s Perfect Parenting… support for moms and dads with children from birth to five.”